18 February 2007

wicked weekend.

I had such a lovely Saturday!

Gord & I went for a nice long walk around town...

We had coffee at the Senator (my lens was frosty - makes it looked haaaaaunted!

Then at night I went out to celebrate some birthdays...

Handsomely astounding Matthew's superfun birthday party!

Amazingly amazing Pam's birthday!

It was good to get out & get down. I've been in a bit of a crafting cocoon lately - let's blame it on the weather.

However, if I weren't in this cocoon, I wouldn't have this great sweater!

Sort of a blink & it's done project. I started it a couple of weeks ago & had the body totally done in a couple of days. I'd been slowly adding the sleeves since then. This was purely a stash-buster project. I've had this grey wool-ease for about 3 years now - I needed a fast project that would use it *ALL*.

The pattern: "Wicked" from Zephyrstyle, grey wool-ease (maybe 5 or 6 balls?) US 8 needles.

I really like it, and as I knit it I thought about all the ways I could change the pattern up a bit. It was really well written & I love how it turned out. I think this is the first sweater I've knit for myself that I can see wearing often - I'm wearing it right now!

Taking pictures with the timer is hard - and sadly this serious faced one is the one that shows the sweater the best. I love the neckline, and the wool-ease isn't as bad as I thought it'd be. I have a whole bunch of it in black - maybe it'll be a wicked sweater too!

6 comments:

Robert said...

Hey looks like you had a great time...and the photos are amazing...and the birthday celebrations also seems great...for some more wonderful resources and goodies for birthdays you can also drop by my blog on Birthday Greetings and enjoy all that i've posted there!!!

Miss13 said...

I love the photos ! You looks so very pretty ^_^
My sweater that I am churning out is the same yarn. Miraculously it's not bad at all, I was fearing the dreaded yarn burn on my hands. I was so close to beating you on a project !!!
Almost done with sleeve one, and headed for sleeve 2.
Happy Monday Lady !!!

<3 D.

May said...

Love the sweater. In fact, love it so much I'm buying the pattern!

Catherine said...

CUTE! And you are so freaking fast!

melissa said...

wicked looks so pretty on you! great job!

Ilix said...

Great sweater! I saw your note on Craftster.....
looks awesome!